Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are the low-cost tools for process improvement and standardisation in organisations. The following paragraphs will describe the 5D Methodology of developing SOPs.
1. Define : In the first stage of this methodology, enterprise analysis will be carried out to establish the purpose of the SOPs and the goals and objectives that should be met by those SOPs.
2. Discover: Identify the primary, secondary and management processes and prepare the current state process maps and RACI charts. During this stage, the business analysts extensively interact with the stakeholders to capture the micro details of the processes.
3. Develop : Then develop the SOPs and validate the document with the key stakeholders.
4. Deploy : Once the SOPs are validated, establish the Train-The-Trainers (TTT) team and train them in all the SOPs. Subsequently, TTTs will train the larger team on a periodic basis.
5. Deepen : Quarterly audits will be conducted to ensure that the SOP practices are in tact and any deviations will be addressed.
Business Case for SOP: A Self-Evaluation Tool | Download for free at www.smbcart.com
For more details about Fhyzics’ services, please mail us at email@example.com.
Venkadesh Narayanan is the Principal Consultant at Fhyzics Business Consultants Pvt. Ltd. with over 25 years’ experience in business consulting, business analysis, process improvement, supply chain and new product development. He is a mechanical engineer and an MBA worked for several organizations in India, USA and Canada prior to joining Fhyzics. He is a former Indian Civil Servant [IRAS 2000 Batch] and served in Ministry of Railways, Government of India. You can find some of the videos of Venkadesh Narayanan on various topics in our YouTube Channel Business Analysis Digest and also feel free to connect with him through LinkedIn.
Keywords: Standard Operating Procedures, SOP, Process, Process Improvement, Standardisation, 5D Methodology, Developing SOPs, Define, Discover, Develop, Deploy, Deepen, Methodology, Enterprise Analysis, Goals, Objectives, Primary, Secondary, Management Processes, RACI charts, Stakeholders, Train-The-Trainers, SOP Practices, Business Analysts.