A Standard Operating Procedure, abbreviated as SOP, is a documented collection of step-by-step instructions to streamline the activities of a business. SOP is a cost-effective, process standardization or stabilization method, improves the productivity, safety, customer service and regulatory compliance of an organization. Assigning an SOP to a role (an employee) clearly defines and communicates the job responsibilities as well as expected performance standards. Though SOP helps in creating process-centric organizations, it is the most under-utilized tool in companies around the world. Many companies try to adopt some ready-made SOPs, which results in poor adoption and does not deliver the desired results, if not adversely affecting the business operations. The purpose of this program is to equip the business managers to lead their team in developing SOPs by applying process techniques, creating organizational culture, designing team structure, deploying training methodology and instilling auditing procedures. SOP development involves the following key stages (1) Create a stakeholder group (2) Identify the primary, secondary and management processes of the organisation (3) Map the current state of those processes (4) Develop the future state of the processes (5) Document the future state and (6) Train the relevant stakeholders.
- Uniform understanding of an operation across the organization
- Makes the process independent of the person
- Easy to train new joins as there is a document on the activities
- Helps to produce both goods and services in a consistent manner
- A tool to guarantee certain level of expectations to the customer
- Improves the safety and security of both the personnel and property within the organization, and
- A document that speaks favorably in a court of law in case of any untoward incident within the organization.
- This program will benefit the participants either to lead the SOP Development initiative of an organization or to Develop SOP themselves.
Who Should Attend?
C-Level, General Managers, VPs, Process Experts, Continuous Improvement Managers, Business Analysts, Consultants etc.
Program Date, Venue, and Structure:
Venue: Hablis Hotel, 19 GST Road, Guindy, Chennai 600 032, India.
09:00 AM to 09:30 AM Registration
09:30 AM to 10:00 AM Speaker-1
10:00 AM to 12:15 PM Speaker-2
12:15 PM to 03:15 PM Speaker-3
03:15 PM to 05:30 PM Speaker-4
05:30 PM to 06:00 PM Networking
11:00 AM to 11:15 AM Morning Break
01:00 PM to 02:00 PM Lunch Break
04:00 PM to 04:15 PM Evening Break
- Understanding and refining processes
- Types of processes: Primary, Secondary, and Management
- How to identify a process and establish process boundaries
- Process mapping techniques
- Introduction to Microsoft Visio®
- Developing current state and future state maps
- Elements of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Fhyzics' Standard Operating Procedure framework
- Process techniques for SOP development
- Characteristics of a good SOP
- SOP review and management
- Organisational culture and SOP
- SOP development team and auditing procedures
Keywords: SOP, SOP Writing, SOP Template, SOP Standard Operating Procedure, Best SOP, SOP Business, SOP Procedure, Good SOP, SOP Design, SOP Structure, How to Write a Standard Operating Procedure, SOP Writing Format, SOP in Industry, Company SOP, Standard SOP Form, Best Executive Development Programs, Best Executive Education Programs, Business Development Executive, EDP, EDP Course